I am an action-oriented executive with proven experience enabling growth, value, and revenue in Web Engineering and Online Media Development. I also possess 12 years of experience in multiple areas of IT, infrastructure, application development and organizational leadership. In my roles, I have successfully lead teams to improve productivity, development practices, infrastructure scalability, process management, organizational strategy, and direction with quantifiable metrics as proof.
I am an accomplished leader of the product development life cycle, product design, implementation, testing, scaling and operations. I am also considered an evangelist in organizational change management and innovation development using agile and lean values. In my experiences, I have improved overall quality by optimizing, motivating, and mentoring the product vision.
Languages & Databases
Platforms / Services
Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Facebook API, Twitter API, DART, OpenX, Doubleclick, Rally, Agile Zen, Hudson, Jenkins, Selenium, Basecamp, Subversion, Git, Trac,
Agile product and process management (Scrum & Kanban), Product Owner / Product Champion Responsibilities, Servant Leadership, Product Development Life Cycle Management, Strategic Planning and Execution, LAMP Development, SEO / SMO Execution, A/B Testing, Online Survey Development, MROC Development, Continuous Improvement and Test Driven Development, Single Sign On (SSO), SAML, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Wizards of the Coast – Sr Digital Product Manager, Organized Play
12.2015 – Present
As the Organized Play Systems Sr. Digital Product Manager, I am responsible for managing development for all digital tools related to the Magic in-store and Premier play experience, from the retail locator and player registration, through tournament operation software, to player achievement management and prize payout software. The guiding principle for this position is to deliver digital tools that create the ultimate face-to-face Organized Play experience for players, and do so on time, on budget and on-brand.
– Deliver Organized Play digital tools that exceed the expectations of the Magic-playing community
– Manage and improve current palate of digital tools (tournament software, retail locator, etc.),
– Evolve the existing palate of tools into a new, player-focused ecosystem of services.
– Ensure we are meeting the needs of our user base to grow the community and provide value
– When necessary, lead the search for and integration of third-party service providers.
– Lead the cross-functional team tasked with overseeing digital Organized Play tools,
– Capture and clearly communicate detailed requirements for all products to ensure success.
– Provide solid needs and ROI analysis for new features and program to ensure proper prioritization
– Gain the buy-in of all cross-functional team members into feature prioritization and new projects.
– Arbitrate priorities for all projects entering the OP digital ecosystem, ensuring ROI.
– Produce and deliver presentations to gain executive buy-in to plans for digital OP tools
– Develop and present pitches to management ensuring their support of new features and projects.
Wizards of the Coast – Sr Technical Producer, Platform Services
02.2013 – 11.2015
I am responsible leading, supervising, and supporting internal and external resources including partners, vendors, and licensee relationships in order to publish digital products and projects related to the development of advanced customer data management services and online account systems for Wizards of the Coast. Also responsible for utilizing industry knowledge of commercial-grade, technology services development and problem-solving talents, set clear technology direction and lead all functional teams to deliver applications, products, and services in scope, on time, and within budget.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with Development, Brand Management, Sales & Game Support, Organized Play, Technology Services, and R&D.
- Manages workflow and resource scheduling for the product and project Development, QA, Build Engineering, and Business Teams as the product moves through the project phases
- Makes day-to-day decisions on product content and design based on input from key stakeholders
- Manages roadmap for customer data management roadmap, including the future development requirements for subsequent feature deployment to the account services.
- Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete project vision and scope goals outlined by Producers and Senior Management
- Works with teams to identify, analyze, and resolve project problems
- Identifies leading-edge techniques and methodologies for their area of expertise
- Serves as liaison with other teams’ Business and Technical management
- P&L forecasting and management for a single major product or several small products totaling up to $15M in annual revenue
- Supports P&L responsibility and building financial models as well as managing budgets up to $2M
Digital Research Inc. – Director of Technology and Web Products
02.2011 – 02-2013
I currently serve as the Director of Technology and Web Products of a full service Market Research company based out of Kennebunk, ME. I oversee the Data Analysis, Web Programming, and Infrastructure teams. Using LAMP and Agile, I ensure quality amongst all web products, act as Product Champion for future products, help establish the IT roadmap, and act as a facilitator between the Research team and the IT team. Also I act as the technical point of contact when meeting with our regular clients such as Weight Watchers, Disney, Quintiles, and Walmart.
Key Achievements at DRI:
- Decreased turnaround time of client products (surveys, panel features, data analysis) by implementing Kanban project management methodology.
- Integrated company-wide project management and automated solutions to improve technical processes.
- Nominated and won the 2011 Tech Gazelle Company of the Year by TechMaine
EmpowHER.com – Director of Product and Engagement
07.2010 – 02.2011
As the Director of Product and Engagement, my goals were to spearhead product innovation and roadmaps to increase traffic to EmpowHER.com as well as increase engagement and other key metrics. In my role, I facilitated product meetings, worked closely with marketing and the development teams, and was the point person for new feature development on EmpowHER.com. Also I led traffic strategy and growth from organic and targeted CPA and CPC campaigns using a variety of services.
- Increased site traffic past 1 mil for monthly unique visitors in Sept 2010 for the company’s first time ever.
- Developed key partnerships and strategic roadmaps to increase user engagement and site visibility
- Improvements led to 2010 Stevie Award for Best New Company and 2010 Best Internet Site by eHealthcare
Evolve Media Corporation (SheKnows.com) – Director of Engineering & Product Development
I served as the Director of Engineering & Product Development of a multimedia and technology company with revenue over $20 million and a portfolio of over 30 owned & operated websites. I oversee the women’s vertical team of 40 employees and 100+ contractors and freelancers responsible for editorial, operations, business development, marketing, ad sales, product development, web engineering, and strategic planning. I am also responsible for agile project development standards to be implemented and evangelized throughout all departments of the SheKnows.com product teams. In addition, I also build out software teams, define product vision, ensure quality, stability, scalability and rapid delivery in all products using PHP, MySQL, and other related web development languages and technologies.
- Increased site traffic 2.4 mil to 12.9 mil (comScore) from 2007 to 2010 by implementing Agile processes.
- Implemented agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) to create numerous cross-functional
- Led the HairstlyeLounge.com which won the 2009 & 2010 DPAC Award for Best Integrated Content
- Facilitated iteration planning, team retrospectives, story sizing, project estimations, and daily standups.
- Evangelized best practices and resources to ensure no single point of failure
- Held roles of Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Agile Coach during my tenure at SheKnows.
vSocial.com – Senior Web Engineer
07.2006 – 07.2007
I was responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing video social networking products and to research and develop new products. Developed and productized a plugin-based API which is integrated into all client websites and campaigns, as well as all of vSocial’s products. Responsible for making key software design and development decisions while leading and scheduling a group of five Senior Developers. Appointed ScrumMaster by upper management where I helped remove impediments, train new hires on agile methodologies, and ran software planning, meeting facilitation, and team retrospectives. I also maintained all iteration metrics and velocity stats for the engineering team. Acted as an engineering point of contact for clients and guided development efforts for customers including UPS, Foster’s, Disney, Denon, TheKnot, and Hallmark. In this position I learned much about entrepreneurial startups and the SaaS business model.
City of Gilbert – Senior Information Technology Analyst
12.2005 – 07.2006
I was recruited to establish and enhance enterprise-wide business processing program. Oversee company -wide efforts to identify and evaluate all revenue accrual systems. Design and implement security processes and procedures and perform cost benefit analysis on all recommended strategies. Supervise daily activities of PC technicians, System Analyst, and Telecommunication operators. Also I was a lead contributor to company policies and procedures governing corporate security, email and Internet usage, access control, and incident response.
Arizona State University, Department of Physics – Senior Technical Analyst
12.2001 – 02.2006
Recruited to perform as the IT / Programming liaison between ASU’s Space Mission Research Teams (HORUS and ORION projects), and co-operative teams from JPL and NASA. My focused goal was on providing web development, server administration, and custom LAMP development. I implemented automated processes for web servers, data warehouses, and image analysis software packages using SQL, Perl and PHP that housed Hubble, HORUS, and ORION data. I was also responsible for providing full time support for over 120 staff members, including all hardware /software maintenance, troubleshooting, and analysis for Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Emphasis on Web Technologies and Project Management
Certified Scrum Master 2007 – Certified by Jean Tabaka from Rally Software
Certified Scrum Practitioner 2009 – Mentored by Christophe Louvion, CTO of CitySearch.com
Available upon request and also on my LinkedIn profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonypagliocco